You know what’s been on my mind? Wondering if instead of tomato sauce can I use normal BBQ sauce on my pizza. I bet some of you have had the same thought, right? Imagine the flavors of BBQ sauce mixing with all that gooey cheese. Now that’s definitely something worth thinking about!
So, in this blog, I want to explore this cool idea: making a pizza with BBQ sauce as the base instead of the usual tomato sauce. Yes, I’m talking about a BBQ sauce pizza!
I’m going to figure out if this could really change the pizza game. I’ll also give you some tips I’ve learned and share all the yummy details about this one-of-a-kind pizza. If you’re wondering whether BBQ sauce can truly make pizza super tasty, or if it’s better for grilling, then stay with me!
Remember that saying from Yogi Bear? “When you want to try something awesome, think beyond what you know!” Well, that’s exactly what I’m doing here. Are you ready to dig into this mouthwatering journey with me? Let’s start cooking!
- Can you use BBQ Sauce instead of Tomato Sauce for Pizza Base?
- Regular Store-Bought BBQ Sauce or Homemade BBQ Sauce: Which is better for Pizza Base?
- Best BBQ Sauce for Pizza
- Homemade BBQ Sauce for Pizza Base Recipe
Can you use BBQ Sauce instead of Tomato Sauce for Pizza Base?
Certainly Yes, You can use regular BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce for your pizza base. The BBQ sauce has its own smoky, tangy and sweet flavors. Using in Pizza adds a special flavor that goes great with all sorts of toppings and cheesy BBQ taste.
It’s a great idea that makes your pizza taste different and yummy. So, go ahead and give it a try – you might just find a new favorite way to enjoy your pizza!
Related Topic : Best Pizza Dough Hydration
Regular Store-Bought BBQ Sauce or Homemade BBQ Sauce: Which is better for Pizza Base?
You might have thought to use regular store-bought BBQ sauce for your Pizza base. But will making your own homemade BBQ sauce for your pizza base will be fun?
Regular BBQ Sauce for Pizza Base
So, using the BBQ sauce you buy from the store is pretty easy. It’s made to taste just right, and you can choose from different flavors like sweet, smoky, or spicy. This sauce is a quick option that saves you time when making pizza.
Homemade BBQ Sauce for Pizza Base
Now, making your own BBQ sauce at home can be super fun. You get to mix the ingredients yourself and make it just the way you like. You can make it sweeter, spicier, or however you want! It’s like being a chef and creating your own special sauce.
Which is better for Pizza Base?
It depends on what you want. If you want something quick and easy, the store-bought sauce is best choice. But if you like trying new things and making your own flavors, then making the BBQ sauce at home is exciting.
You know what? You can even try both and see which one you like more. The important thing is to enjoy making your pizza with the sauce you like best. Whether it’s from the store or your very own kitchen, it’s all about having a yummy time!
Best BBQ Sauce for Pizza
If you’re wondering about the best BBQ sauces for pizza, I’ve got you covered. I’ve tasted a bunch and ranked the top 8 choices just for you. Here they are:
1. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce: This one’s my top pick. Known for its balanced sweetness and smoky flavor, Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is always been a popular choice to use as a pizza base. The flavors blend really well with different variety of toppings. Check in Amazon.
2. Bull’s-Eye Original BBQ Sauce: Bull’s-Eye offers a robust and tangy flavor that adds a zesty kick to pizza. It’s especially good with both meat and veggies on top. Check in Amazon.
3. Stubb’s Original BBQ Sauce: I chose Stubb’s. It’s rich and yummy, with a hint of something called molasses. This sauce can add depth and complexity to your pizza, especially when combined with meats like chicken or pork. Check in Amazon.
4. Kraft Bull’s-Eye Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce: At number four, we’ve got Kraft Bull’s-Eye. This sauce is a mix of smoky and sweet flavors. When you use it, your pizza becomes super tasty and suitable for experimenting with different pizza toppings. Check in Amazon.
5. Trader Joe’s Kansas City BBQ Sauce: My sixth choice is Trader Joe’s sauce. It’s a little tangy and one of mildly spicy BBQ Sauces. This can provide a pleasant flavor contrast to cheese and toppings on pizza. Check in Amazon.
6. Jack Daniel’s Original No. 7 Recipe BBQ Sauce: For number seven, I’ve got something special. For those who enjoy a touch of whiskey-infused flavor. It brings a different and delicious twist to your pizza. Check in Amazon.
7. Honey BBQ Sauces: Last but not least, I’ve got honey-infused sauces. These sauces, like Sticky Fingers’ Memphis Original BBQ Sauce, provide a sweet and can be delightful addition on a pizza. Check in Amazon.
It’s important to note that taste preferences vary widely, everyone has different taste preferences. So, feel free to try these sauces and find the one that makes your pizza exactly how you like it! And please comment what you prefer on your pizza.
Homemade BBQ Sauce for Pizza Base Recipe
Homemade Smoky BBQ Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 Medium Saucepan
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes Adjust to Taste
- 1/4 tbsp Salt Adjust to Taste
- 1/4 tbsp Pepper Adjust to Taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 small Onion
- Add minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute until fragrant.2 Cloves Garlic
- Stir in ketchup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to combine.1 cup Tomato Ketchup, 1/4 cup Molasses, 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Sprinkle in smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin, and red pepper flakes. Stir to incorporate the spices into the sauce.1 tbsp Smoked Paprika, 1/2 tbsp Dried Oregano, 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin, 1/4 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Let the sauce simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Adjust the red pepper flakes for desired spiciness.1/4 tbsp Salt, 1/4 tbsp Pepper
- Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled, blend the sauce until smooth using a blender or an immersion blender.
- Your smoky BBQ pizza sauce is now ready! Spread it over your pizza dough as the base sauce.
- Add your favorite toppings like cheese, veggies, and meats on top of the sauce.
- Bake your pizza according to your pizza dough's instructions until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy your homemade smoky BBQ pizza with a burst of flavor that will make your taste buds dance!
I hope you’re as excited as I am about trying out BBQ sauce on pizza! It’s been quite a journey exploring whether we can switch up the usual tomato sauce with some delicious BBQ goodness.
We learned all about using regular BBQ sauce and making our very own special kind at home. Both ways, our pizzas turned out fantastic. And did you check out those top BBQ sauce picks? Sweet Baby Ray’s, Bull’s-Eye, and Stubb’s – they’re all stars in their own way.
The final verdict? Can you use BBQ sauce for pizza base? Absolutely YES! Whether you want a classic taste or something new and exciting, BBQ sauce is a great choice.
Now it’s your turn to get creative with your pizza toppings and enjoy the amazing flavors of BBQ sauce. Have a blast cooking and eating your yummy BBQ sauce pizzas!
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
There are several great options, including Sweet Baby Ray’s, Bull’s-Eye, and Stubb’s. The best sauce depends on your taste preferences – whether you prefer sweet, tangy, or smoky flavors.
Making homemade BBQ sauce is easy! You can combine ingredients like ketchup, molasses, vinegar, and spices. Check out our DIY recipe for a delicious homemade smoky BBQ sauce.
Absolutely! BBQ sauce brings a distinct smoky and tangy taste that’s different from traditional tomato sauce. It pairs wonderfully with a variety of toppings.
Yes, BBQ sauce works well for vegetarian pizzas. It’s a flavorful base that complements vegetables, cheeses, and other meatless toppings.
Mixing BBQ sauce with tomato sauce can create a balanced blend of flavors. It’s a fun way to enjoy the best of both worlds on your pizza.